I started The Data Are Alright with a few concrete goals:
- Help changemakers grow in their data-wrangling confidence and competence
- Develop excellent data management practices in changemaking organizations
- Inspire a sense of agency, empowerment and curiosity when a spreadsheet comes your way, instead of trepidation, glazed-eyes or (worst yet!) a nasty bout of impostor syndrome!
Sometimes, those goals just aren’t possible in a phone call or a singular blog post.
From time to time, I take on consulting projects where there is a high degree of alignment between our goals and project scale and capacity, skills and values. If you think we’re a good fit to work together, reach out to me so that we can discuss! My consulting rates are affordable and I bill on a sliding scale.
Recently completed or currently active consulting project examples:
- Updating and re-designing a custom grant budget management system and providing documentation to train staff on maintaining the system
- Upgrading a client’s Salesforce system to NPSP with the Household Account Model
- Curating a mini-series of data literacy webinars/workshops for national staff and volunteers working on local progressive electoral campaigns
- Developing a Google Sheets wizard to track and calculate part time employee hours and reimbursement to upload into payroll system for Kol Tzedek Synagogue