Google Sheets got you heartbroken? Did you have a messy breakup with your database? Does conditional formatting make your cheeks (and your spreadsheet) blush a gentle shade of pink?
Write to me with your data quandaries, gotchas, questions, doubts or fears. I encourage you to use the classic advice column format, “Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer” and “From… Dateless and Dataless” (but fill in your own!).
By submitting to the Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer advice column, you consent to me using your story in potential future blog posts. Due to volume, I may not be able to respond to every question.
Browse recent posts
- Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer: Or Else?What should a social justice movement leader do when his spreadsheets aren’t behaving properly? Email the Spreadsheet Whisperer, of course!
- How to compare addressesStreetStStrSt.AvenueAveAve. How many different ways can you write an address? Turns out… a LOT. Typically, when I am cleaning address data (yes, that’s something I do quite regularly, what with being a spreadsheet whisperer and all), I am preparing to either (1) upload a single file into an online database or (2) create a mail … Continue reading How to compare addresses
- Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer: Date Me?What do my partner, date field formulas, and the Chicks have in common? Read this post to find out! Especially if you create time sheet systems to manage your workload!
- Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer: Tzedakah TsurisWhat to do when you outgrow your grassroots spreadsheet systems? Try Airtable! It’s flexible, freemium, and fun to use. Oh, and this is #NotAnAd!
- Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer: Gettin’ SchooledIn this edition of Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer, lessons about how to set up spreadsheets to ask hard questions about racial equity in schools.