Google Sheets got you heartbroken? Did you have a messy breakup with your database? Does conditional formatting make your cheeks (and your spreadsheet) blush a gentle shade of pink?
Write to me with your data quandaries, gotchas, questions, doubts or fears. I encourage you to use the classic advice column format, “Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer” and “From… Dateless and Dataless” (but fill in your own!).
By submitting to the Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer advice column, you consent to me using your story in potential future blog posts. Due to volume, I may not be able to respond to every question.
Browse recent posts
- DIY Google Classroom with Zapier for Mr. Spreadsheet WhispererWhen Mr. Spreadsheet Whisperer is having trouble copying Google Files into folders for each camper, what should he do? Use automation to process repetitive, tedious tasks!
- Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer: How to Build a Tax Prep Friendly Expense Tracker in Google SheetsIn this installment of Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer, “Frustrated Finance Freelancer” looks for support about how to track business expenses. We cover multiple ideas, including Pivot Tables and Filter formulas in Google Sheets.
- Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer: Or Else?What should a social justice movement leader do when his spreadsheets aren’t behaving properly? Email the Spreadsheet Whisperer, of course!
- How to compare addressesStreetStStrSt.AvenueAveAve. How many different ways can you write an address? Turns out… a LOT. Typically, when I am cleaning address data (yes, that’s something I do quite regularly, what with being a spreadsheet whisperer and all), I am preparing to either (1) upload a single file into an online database or (2) create a mail … Continue reading How to compare addresses
- Dear Spreadsheet Whisperer: Date Me?What do my partner, date field formulas, and the Chicks have in common? Read this post to find out! Especially if you create time sheet systems to manage your workload!