… I’m always learning!
Salesforce is a wonderfully adaptable platform and with the Power of Us program, 10 licenses are free(ish) for nonprofits. I like to write about my trials, tribulations, and triumphs, as well as contributions to the Salesforce nonprofit and higher ed community.
Browse themed blog posts
- asking pragmatic questions about snowfakeryGrappling with my learning journey on Snowfakery. Striving to make the installation process easier is a noble effort, but not to the exclusion of learning fundamental concepts.
- exploring salesforce PMM for foundationsI lay out a data model for how foundations can measure their impact on nonprofit capacity building by using PMM in addition to their chosen grantmaking datamodel.
- NEW VIDEOS | practicing cognitive flexibility with my bestieA retrospective on the Emily and Samantha collab + Emily and Samantha tackle cognitive flexibility!
- nice to meet you, apsona 💃Read on in this blog post to see key lessons I’ve learned in my first month of using Apsona, as illustrated by GIFs from Schitt’s Creek.
- I was wrong: tech mistakes, accountability, and trustReport back from my session at #22NTC and what to do when we – inevitably – make mistakes on the way to good technology.
- case study: how to move a Process Builder to Flow [Salesforce]During the month of February, I worked with a consultant to move just ONE process builder over to Flow, and it was an ADVENTURE! In this blog post, I will write about some of the challenges, avoided (!) pitfalls, learnings, and maybe even some advice as we, collectively, face this huge change in the Salesforce admin toolbox.
- How to make Validation Rules into *Validating* RulesThe database world is replete with options for “validating” data, but there is a huge missing link in our field, which for me boils down to VALIDATING HUMANS.
- december milestonesReflection on 7 areas of growth observed over the past year! Conga Composer Global Merge, Salesforce Flow, and even a new computer. Plus, bitmojis!
- how to populate multi-select picklists in Google Sheets and SalesforceDo you need to edit multi-select picklist values in a Google Sheet and then import them into Salesforce? I have a script to help you transcend the limitations of data validation!
- sprint reflections vol ix: laughter“At the end of the day, PRs are meaningless to me if we haven’t been laughing.”